Course Terms & Conditions
Terms of Sale for Online Courses + Digital Products
Who We Are
- Our website, www.theecommerceassistant.com (the ‘Website’), is owned and operated by The Ecommerce Assistant of 4, 33 Firecracker Drive, Locks Heath, SO31 6BW.
- Our Website provides facilities to purchase access to or attendance at various Courses or other digital learning products (the ‘Course(s)’).
- Our Courses and their (i) content, (ii) date and timings, (iii) pricing, (iv) presenter details, (v) web-platform provider, and (vi) advance preparation materials are all as described on the corresponding page of our Website.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions of the Courses correspond to the Courses that you attend or download.
- We undertake to use reasonable skill and care to provide our Courses to a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.
- Where any updates are made to the content of the Course you have purchased, we will continue to match our description of the Course at the time of your purchase or notify you if any significant changes have been made.
- We will provide you access to attend or download the Courses that you have purchased. If you do not attend or download within the time period allocated, for any reason not attributable to us, then you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The Courses will be available when stated in the information that we provide about it before you place your order, either (i) if it is a livestream item, the time and date when it is scheduled to be available and to start; or (ii) if it is a pre-recorded or other non livestreamed item, the period within which it is or will be available for access.
- If the Coyrse is a livestream item, we will use all reasonable endeavours to make it available and start it at the time it is scheduled to start. If there is a delay of more than 30 minutes, then we will re-arrange the Course or provide you with a refund.
- In some limited circumstances, we may need to suspend the provision of the Course(s) (in full or in part) for the following reasons:
- To fix technical problems or to make necessary minor technical changes; or
- To update the Course(s) to comply with relevant changes in the law or other regulatory requirements.
How to purchase a Course
- You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a Course.
- Our Site will guide you through the purchase of our Course.
- Before completing your purchase, you will be given the opportunity to review your order and amend it. Please ensure you have checked your order carefully before submitting it.
- If you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information about you or the Course that you require, please contact us as soon as possible.
- If we are unable to process your order due to incorrect or incomplete information we will contact you to correct it. If you do not provide us with the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of our request we will not be responsible for any delay in the availability of the Course to you.
- No part of our Site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order to purchase a Course constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you a confirmation order by email.
Confirmation of Purchase
- Once we have sent you a confirmation email, there will be a legally binding contract between you and us.
- Our confirmation email will contain the following information:
- Your confirmation order number;
- Confirmation and details of the Course(s) you have ordered;
- Confirmation of your acknowledgement that once the Course has been downloaded or attended you will lose your legal right to change your mind and cancel your purchase; and
- In relation to any video (live or recorded) event, item, series constituting the Courses, the time/date when or period during which it can be accessed.
- In the unlikely event that we cannot accept or fulfil your order, we will explain in writing the reason why. If we have taken payment any such sums will be refunded as soon as possible.
- Payment for each Course must be made in advance in full.
- We accept the following methods of payment on our Site:
- Credit or debit card
- Your chosen payment method will be charged when we process your order and send you an email confirmation (this usually occurs immediately)
- All prices on our Site are not inclusive of VAT as we are not VAT registered
- We may change our prices from time to time. Changes in price will not affect any Course(s) that you have already purchased.
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to a “cooling off” period within which you can cancel your order, for any reason, including if you have changed your mind, and receive a refund. This period begins once we have sent you your email confirmation and ends when you access the Course or 14 calendar days after the date of our email confirmation, whichever occurs first.
- After the cooling off period has expired, no refunds will be available.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel during the cooling off period, you may inform us of your cancellation in any way you wish. Please see further below for our contact details.
- You are also entitled to cancel your purchase and receive a refund in the following situations:
- If we have informed you of a forthcoming change to the content of the Course;
- If we have suspended availability of the Course for more than one month;
- If we inform you that there has been an error in the price or description of the Course;
- If we are in breach of these terms and conditions.
- When you place an order for a Course, you will be required to acknowledge that when you access the Courses (either by downloading or streaming) then you will lose your legal right to cancel (under the “cooling off” period), if you change your mind.
- Refunds issued under this section will be issued as soon as possible and in any event within 14 calendar days of the day on which you notify us that you wish to cancel.
- Refunds will be made using the same payment method that you used when purchasing the Course.
- When you purchase a Course, we will grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable licence for you to access, participate in and use the applicable Course for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You may not copy, rent, sell, publish, republish, share or broadcast or otherwise make it available to the public.
- When you attend a two-way livestream facility to access the Course, you must not communicate or make accessible to any other person the access/login details.
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- Our Courses are intended for non-commercial use only. We make no warranty or representation that the Courses are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind. We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
- If, as a result of our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any content from our Courses damages your device, we will either repair the damage or pay you appropriate compensation. We will not be liable under this provision if:
- We have informed you of the problem and provided a free update designed to fix it, but you have not applied the update; or
- The damage has been caused by your own failure to follow our instructions; or
- Your device does not meet any relevant minimum system requirements that we have made you aware of before you purchased the Course.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for Courses which are not as described or do not match the information we provided you at the time of purchase.
- We will not be responsible or liable if you are unable to access any Courses due to any failure or delay in performing our obligations under these terms and conditions that arise from a cause beyond our reasonable control and in breach of the next section below (Use of Web-Conferencing Platforms).
Use of Web-Conferencing Platforms
- We only offer the Courses online via web-conferencing platforms.
- We use technology which allows us to provide the Courses virtually, provided you have the appropriate technology to receive the Courses.
- You are obliged to check the description of each Course before purchase to ensure that the appropriate technology is accessible via your device.
- We do not provide any PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other hardware or any web-conferencing platform App or other software for use on or with any devices, nor any internet connection or services or other equipment or facilities necessary for you to use the web-conferencing platform.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have access to and are familiar with all the necessary technology to enable you to receive and participate in the Course.
- We do not, and cannot assist you to obtain, set-up, maintain or operate any technology.
- Where any Course that you attend is a two-way synchronous livestream audio and/or video technology you must comply/agree with the following requirements:
- When you sign in to the Course you should indicate your name only, since it will be visible to other attendees taking part in the Course;
- You understand and are aware that there is a risk that other attendees may see and hear you or anyone in your space when you are participating in the Course;
- The space you use should be free of others and it should be difficult to see or hear people in your near vicinity; and
- You acknowledge that we cannot ensure privacy or confidentiality due to the nature of two-way sessions involving other attendees.
How to contact Us
- If You wish to contact Us with general questions, or information relating to the Courses, You may contact Us by telephone at 07709 142944 or by email at email@example.com
- We always welcome feedback from our customers and while we always try to give a positive experience, we want to hear from you if you have any cause for compliant. You can contact us using the details above to make complaint and it will be handled promptly and sensitively.
How we use your personal data
- You may not transfer your obligations and rights under these terms and conditions to any other person without our express written consent.
- If a court or other authority finds that any part of these terms and conditions are unlawful, the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If we change these terms and conditions, we will give you reasonable advance notice and provide you with details of how to cancel if you are not able to agree to the new terms.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be dealt with in the English courts.